Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rudder

Me and the Rud Man AKA Rudder the super dog
 Home for a week. Man did my dog " Rudder the super dog" miss me. Its nice to be back stateside for a week. I have not eaten fast food for 2 months and All my will power is going to have to work hard to keep me on the right path.
It is so nice though to drive through a green light and not fear being T-Boned from both directions. Its nice to know that in a 4 mile trip to town the odds of my being run over by a sugar cane truck are not  better than winning Dominican  lotto. Its real nice to not have to figure out the exchange rate from pesos to dollars. I think the other week, I had $839,302 dollars or pesos or Krugerrands or something like that in my wallet.

Its kind weird coming back this time though. I can remember a time when my kids were waiting at the door when I got back from a trip wanting to know where I had been and what did I bring them. Now I feel like I am living the old Harry Chapin song " Cats in the Cradle and the silver spoon"..... No I am not feeling sorry for myself. Its kinda cool to know that the kids I raised are growing up.  I am really actually enjoying sitting in the ole easy chair and watching TV with my dog. ( by the way I do have another dog " mango" but she is actually a cat in a dogs body so I dont acknowledge her existence... and her head is to small for her body)
Kyle having fun with some balloons

One week back in the states........ My freinds that I would normally hang with are out of town. So no one to play racketball or go diving with. So Looks like I will be waxing my boat for the next few days.
I may even go fishing in the bay a bit. Its going to be just nice to not have any plans.
 As far as the fishing report, The Chach is the only boat fishing and has caught between 2 and 5 Blues each day for the last week.


My afternoon at a Dominican Hospital with My freind Mario the Flyin Mayan Deckhand

No comments: