Monday, April 30, 2012

A traveling captains poem


Ok yeah I suck at the poem thing, But I tried my hand at it. I heard a poem once that while nothing like the one below described being away from the boat at home and being on the boat and wanting to be home. I never could find it in searching the net. So I gave an attempt to describe it myself in a poem. 

A traveling captain’s poem

I sit on the boat and dream of home
For months on end, we travel and roam
Plying the waters, we fish here and there
Home in our thoughts as the ocean we dare
When home we dream of being at sea
Our thoughts of the boat do constantly be
We want to be there and chasing big fish
Our minds do wander, of travels we wish
Torn between two, we are pull to and fro
We live for our dreams that we only know
Our homes and our travels pull like the tides
Both do controls us for all of our lives
-Capt Ed Thompson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poem will do.

the Tranche