Monday, March 11, 2013

Turtle Cove Marina Turks and Caicos cut closing in clarification

I posted in a recent Blog and a facebook report that the marina entrance is closing in. I received numerous emails and messages questioning what I wrote.
Exiting Turtle cove
As you can see in the picture above, the Marina entrance is indeed closing in. The sand on the right keeps washing in and there is rock on the left. At high tide, I had less then a foot below me going back out.  DO NOT attempt to go in or out unless it is high tide and you need good light to see. They have plans to dredge it again but there is no time set to do it. There have been a number of boats that have bent wheels in the entrance. For now I suggest going into Leeward Marina at the east end of Provodenciales. There is a cut in the reef called Leeward cut. There is a marked channel all the way straight in to the Marina. The marina was built a few years ago and went bankrupt. IGY marinas has purchased it and will have their grand opening April 1st. It is open now. You can contact the dock master Adam Foster at 649-332-7676. The docks are floating docks and can accomodate yachts up to 180 feet with 20 feet of water all the way from the reef to the marina. They do not have fuel yet but you can have it delivered by truck.
I hope Turtle cove gets their entrance dredged. But for now I suggest avoiding it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed,
I had just written you a long reply explaining why the dredging had not been done when I got a phone call from Planning asking for our fax number so they could send me the permit we have been waiting for since November!
I am happy to be able to tell you that the bar will be removed ASAP.
Carole Klinko
Manager
Turtle Cove Marina